Hannafin Automation & Industrial Controls is an expanding business in the city of Belleville, Ontario, seeking a full-time Automation Specialist with high-level programming expertise between systems and networks. Ample experience (7+ years) is essential for consideration.
Summary of Position:
Design/develop software programs with a strong ability to identify problems and fluently provide solutions for resolution in ever-changing industries to satisfy our customers’ needs.
- Develop programs for:
- Robotics such as ABB, UR, Fanuc
- PLCs (Programmable Logic Controllers) for various equipment that may use Allen Bradley, Omron, Siemens, Mitsubishi
- Vision Systems such as Cognex, Keyence,
- Servo Systems such as Kinetix, GML (1394)
- HMIs (Human Machine Interfaces) and Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition Systems such as Panelmate, Panelview,
- VFD such as Allen Bradley, Omron, Siemens, Mitsubishi
- Prepare installation instructions for contractors or clients to understand the work completed
- Perform IO checklist, validation documentation
- Understand, demonstrate, and promote company safety culture procedures and practices to prevent injuries
- Assist/complete other tasks as requested
- Prepare project documentation such as single line diagrams and data sheets using Autocad and PromisE
- Prepare electrical and control designs of systems and equipment. The design activity entails development of electrical and instrumentation systems, panel layouts, pneumatics, part descriptions, Bills of Material and installation instructions
- Ability to read prints and understand Engineering Instructions
- Prepare installation specification for contractors and ensure proper coordination of their activities with the project
- Perform modifications and as-built changes to current project designs and to standard/project drawings and documents
- Practical experience with Robotics
- ABB Robot Studio Software Training
- Strong ability to independently communicate effectively and professionally with clientele
- Ability to troubleshoot automation equipment and design/modify programs
- Multiple programming languages (C+, C++)
- Database or Server Management
- 7 years minimum experience working in the field
- Integrating systems, Troubleshooting, and commissioning in a manufacturing environment
- Power systems, vision systems, and electronics for automation
- Technical/instrumentation knowledge
- Understanding/awareness of the Ontario Electrical Code and hydraulic/pneumatic principles, mechanical and pneumatic drawings
- Strong familiarity with Microsoft Windows such as Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.
- WHMIS, CPR and/or other certificates/programming languages considered an asset
- Strong software-oriented aptitude
- Logical thinker
- Self-motivated by challenges
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Multi-task and prioritize responsibilities accordingly
- Communicate effectively with clientele including persons of diverse backgrounds
- Commitment to professional development and superior command of the English language (verbal & written)
- Able to work overtime when necessary
- Some limited travel and shift support may be required
What we Offer
- Flexible work hours
- Benefit Package through Manulife
- 5% Employer Group RSP Contribution through RBC
- Annual boot allowances
- A personal development allowance
- Paid training opportunities to advance your skill-sets
- Opportunities to attend Social Events relative to the field
- Competitive pay rate in accordance to skills, qualifications, and years of experience.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com no later than February 28, 2021. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Please visit www.haic.ca for more information.
Competitive compensation offered.